Epoxies have become a generic term for many different types of resin flooring systems. Epoxy is the fully cured end result of usually two components or resins that have been mixed together. Epoxies are known for their adhesive qualities and have been in use for many years. You can find epoxy being used for crack repair, primer systems, and final top coats for floors and surfaces. Epoxy floor coatings are available in an unlimited color palette as well as clear epoxy. Epoxies are often used as the bond coat for subsequent top coats of similar material or of higher abrasion and chemical resistance such as Polyurethane or Polyaspartic coatings. An epoxy primer coat can be a “%” solids or water based. Usually for thicker applications, 100% solids epoxy is used due to its ability to cure fast and its ultimate strength.
Here are just a few of the benefits of epoxy coatings:
- Seamless and easy to clean. Mop and light detergent for easy maintenance.
- Hard, durable, and wear resistant even with vehicular traffic
- Attractive and customizable. Able to create any pattern or design with color and design.
- Slip resistant. Epoxies can have anti slip additives to create a grip and non-slip surface.
- Low VOC – Epoxy floor coatings can be low or No VOC’s for environmentally friendly coatings.
- Fast curing and customizable curing times for cold or hot applications.
- Cost effective. Large areas can be coated for a reasonable cost and overall long term solution.
If you have any questions regarding residential flooring, do not hesitate to contact us!